[Marxism] The purpose of a presidential campaign Was: I am open tobe proven wrong.

Mark Lause MLause at cinci.rr.com
Sat Nov 3 13:08:23 MDT 2007

I agree with Craig's comments on the purpose of a presidential bid as
(re)building the Green Party as a viable third party force.

I'd also take it a bit further.  Despite my many and regular annoyances with
the Green Party--particularly from 2004--it has certainly done one thing
absolutely right: it has embraced and encouraged and showcased the political
break of African-American leaders from the Democratic organizations in many
communities.  The GP has established a wonderfully solid record on this, and
those in Louisiana have demonstrated a reasonable approach by endorsing the
Reconstruction Party.  In turn, all of this goes far deeper than electoral
politics.

So, McKinney's decision to make a bid for the Green nomination goes much
deeper than the surface of a national presidential campaign.

ML