[Marxism] The SWP, Respect and the united front.

mike pearn neprimerimye at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Nov 5 08:07:47 MST 2007

Joaquin wrote "Mike Pearn replies to accusations that
his criticisms of Respect amount to a schema as
follows:  "lan might well be right but the schema is
not mine in origin I simply borrowed it from Fred
Engels and Leon Trotsky."

Sure, but what you could not borrow were the social,
economic and politicalconditions of those years.
You're not in the last years of the 1800's, as
England's world manufacturing monopoly was being
increasingly challenged by U.S. and continental
European capitalists,  nor in the 1930s, with its
world-wide economic depression."

Which rather makes me wonder as to whether Joaquin
actually read my reply to Alan as I made clear that at
present the Labour Party tactic, an extension of the
united front tactic in my opinion, was not applicable
in Britain. In other words the formation of a new Mass
Workers Party, wehther it might develop through
Respect or otherwise, was not and is not likely in
britain today. All Joaquins post above does is confirm
that judgement as has the miserable fate of Respect I
might add.

Fraternally

Mike.