[Marxism] Bush and Venezuela

Walter Lippmann walterlx at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 7 02:59:02 MST 2007

If the opposition, now joined by Baduel, decide, for a change, to
participate in the referendum, the stakes will be raised and the
legitimacy of the vote itself will be more evident. Of course, it's
Also going to mean that political and social divisions will thereby
find an electoral expression which weren't shown when the opposition
decided to boycott the previous round of national elections. I note
also that in La Jornada, the Venezuelan ambassador pointed out that
debate is a normal process in a democratic political system, and so,
should the opposition join the process, another dynamic entirely is
likely to unfold. We are looking at interesting and complex times.

Walter Lippmann
FROM: Venezuelanalysis.com
(Vice President, Jorge Rodriguez , said, "General Baduel has said the
same thing that the opposition has been saying... he is not saying
anything new." However, he welcomed his call to the opposition to
participate in the referendum.)