[Marxism] Muslim notables?

Lenin's Tomb leninstombblog at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 7 09:53:31 MST 2007

On 11/7/07, Louis Proyect <lnp3 at panix.com> wrote:

> What if I began calling you a reformist on Marxmail? Would you be so
> bland?

If I was a reformist, then I would be open to the claim, because I
understand the meaning of the term.  As I'm not, I would be obliged to
disagree.  I would assume you were taking the piss.

I understand what he was trying to say. I would give him a B- or a C+
> for effort.

I doubt his grave is rumbling over this devastating riposte.

It may be irrelevant to you, but I am not really trying to convince you
> of anything. I am talking over your head to the thousands of people who
> read the Marxmail archives and my blog and who are appalled by sectarian
> idiocy on the left.

But Louis, those thousands of people will expect you to make sense, or they
will dismiss *you* as the sectarian idiot.  (Naturally, I would dispute any
such conclusion.)

Of course, you are the rrrrrrevolutionary wing of the movement.

We're grrrrrrrrreat!  (Actually, we are one small revolutionary party among
a few other smaller revolutionary parties.  But I think our record is on the
whole not a bad one).

> Fabulated? I did not. I actually was presequintilesticating in the
> fashion I learned from Dr. Irwin Corey, my political science professor
> back in the 1960s.

That's actually quite good, but you weren't about to be censored on LT.  You
can't take umbrage simply because I get a bit pissed off - this is a bitter
dispute, and I'm not even-tempered about it all, even though I am sure I
project the calm of Buddha.  And if you're attacking the SWP in my comments
boxes, it's rather important to be prepared for rough stuff.