[Marxism] the ACLU's fight against "intelligent design"

Dbachmozart at aol.com Dbachmozart at aol.com
Sun Nov 11 08:02:05 MST 2007

from an American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) newsletter  -

This Tuesday,  November 13th at 8:00 PM, PBS’s award winning show NOVA will
be airing  a documentary on the Dover intelligent design trial. “Judgment Day:
Intelligent Design on Trial” is a two hour documentary that tells the  story
of the Dover case.
In September 2005, the  ACLU went to court over the first-ever legal
challenge to teaching intelligent  design -- the assertion that an intelligent,
supernatural entity has intervened  in the history of life. The story of this case
and of our plaintiffs -- 11 brave  parents who took on their local school board
and community.
The intelligent design  campaign to replace science with faith-based theories
in our schools is part of  a larger faith-based movement that threatens our
freedoms in a profound  way.

 To find out more about this case and the intelligent  design issue, go to
_www.aclu.org/evolution_
(http://action.aclu.org/site/R?i=MSRZ8ICm1SlBwC7GD-1sdw..) . And for more information  on the NOVA documentary,
_www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/id/_ (http://action.aclu.org/site/R?i=knP-IxAO3sj5Y0vUi3aJAQ..) .