[Marxism] URGENT: SAN FRANCISCO SCHOOL BOARD TO DECIDE TONIGHT TO EXTEND JROTC!

Bonnie Weinstein giobon at comcast.net
Tue Nov 13 15:01:24 MST 2007

URGENT: SAN FRANCISCO SCHOOL BOARD TO DECIDE TONIGHT TO EXTEND JROTC!
November 13, 2007, 6:00 PM
555 Franklin Street, 1st Floor
San Francisco, CA 94102
415/241-6427 or (415) 241-6493
(To get on the speakers list call Monday, November 12 from 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
or Tuesday, November13--the day of the meeting from 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM. You
will get at most, two minutes and most probably only one minute to speak.
Also expect a large group of JROTC cadets and teachers to show up.)

S.F. school board will decide whether JROTC gets one more year
Jill Tucker, Chronicle Staff Writer
Monday, November 12, 2007
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/11/12/BAVST9IVN.DTL&hw
=jrotc&sn=001&sc=1000

GET JROTC OUT OF OUR SCHOOLS‹AGAIN!

Remember when SF made history a year ago when the Board of Education voted
to phase out JROTC from our public schools? Well it seems like the military
forces have succeeded in delaying, if not stopping, the phase out. Even
previously anti-JROTC school board members are wavering.

In 2004, 63 percent of San Franciscans voted to withdraw all troops from
Iraq. In 2005, 59 percent of San Franciscans voted to end military
recruiting in our public schools. In 2006 the school board, the first in the
country, voted to phase out JROTC. San Franciscans clearly do not support
the military taking our children. We MUST muster enough support to hold the
school board to its courageous vote last year.

Attend a meeting:
Monday, November 26
7:00 P.M.
474 Valencia Street
(Near 16th Street, San Francisco)
For more info, call: 415-824-8730

In solidarity,

Medea Benjamin
Eric Blanc
Riva Enteen
Bob Forsberg
Vickie Leidner
Cristina Gutierrez
Tommi Avicoli Mecca
Millie Phillips
Carole Seligman
Bonnie Weinstein

Please sign this letter and pass it along to all those opposed to JROTC in
our schools.