[Marxism] Is the Anti-War movement in decline

Jon Flanders jonflanders at jflan.net
Wed Nov 14 18:51:51 MST 2007

On Tue, 2007-11-13 at 20:41 -0500, Joaquin Bustelo wrote:
> The antiwar movement, along with
> other social and protest movements, needs a POLITICAL expression, but
> that has not emerged, and the experience with trying to use the
> Democrats as a substitute has been a most unhappy one.

We have the emergence of Cindy Sheehan taking on Nancy Pelosi, and now
Cynthia McKinney taking on a run for the Presidency. I suspect this is a
a tactic more activists will adopt as a legitimate and effective form of
political expression.

The key will be losing the fear of "spoiling" the chances of the lesser
evil. I do think that fear is on the wane.

Jon Flanders