[Marxism] Anything Positive To Say About Stalin?

Jscotlive at aol.com Jscotlive at aol.com
Fri Nov 16 14:36:14 MST 2007

Comrades,

The thread re Stalin Quote has got me thinking about his legacy. It is
common practice on both the right and the left to dismiss Stalin as a  monster.

Is this right? Or are we succumbing to capitalist propaganda when we so
readily dismiss the man who was at the helm of the Soviet Union for over 30  years?

Was Stalin the monster commonly portrayed? Did his five year plans help  drag
Russia out of the 15th century, despite the human cost?

How would the Soviet Union have developed under Trotsky's leadership?

John