[Marxism] decolonization

kersplebedeb info at kersplebedeb.com
Mon Nov 19 11:18:42 MST 2007

thank you very much Mehmet - that is exactly what i wanted!

but it now raises a new question for me... i had found on the History
Channel website
(http://www.thehistorychannel.co.uk/site/encyclopedia/article_show/decolonization_/m0026978.html?&searchtermold=1959&searchtermold=1959)
the following:

"The process of decolonization accelerated after World War II with 43
states achieving independence between 1956 and 1960, 51 between 1961 and
1980, and 23 from 1981. The movement affected every continent: India and
Pakistan gained independence from Britain in 1947; Algeria gained
independence from France in 1962, the ‘Soviet empire’ broke up 1989–91."

the thing is, for the period i am looking at (late fifties) the above
mentions 43 states achieving independence, while the link you sent lists
only six!

i am writing a brief little thing about foreign aid in the years
1957-1959, and if these years were the high point of decolonization
(which the history channel seems to indicate) i would want to say so...

any more help would be greatly appreciated!

thanx again
-k