[Marxism] XXX XXXX on the crisis in RESPECT

Einde O'Callaghan einde at gmx.de
Thu Nov 22 16:24:38 MST 2007

Louis Proyect schrieb:
<snip>

> Nice to see you stepping into line. What would happen if you decided the
> British SWP was wrong and said so publicly? Would they set up a
> disciplinary committee and try you for indiscipline? And what would be
> punishment? I don't think that expulsion would be adequate. You should
> be forced to listen to the same Barry Manilow song for 24 hours straight.

I'm not a member of the British SWP, so I'm not stepping into any line -
I'm just taking up what I feel are elements of bias in the approach to
the dispute being adopted by some people. I would say however that the
SWP is closer to Yoshi's position on some things than the current twist
on the dispute in Britain would seem to allow.

Only a few weeks ago we (meaning those with a broadly similar approach
to Islamist militants as the British SWP) were being denounced for our
capitulation to communalism if not Islamo-fascism because we defend
Muslims against racist persecution masquerading as secularism.

This aspect of our politics hasn't changed despite a particular
constellation of disputes about vote fixing, packing meetings etc. in
Britain.

Einde O'Callaghan