[Marxism] George Galloway's Defence

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Nov 23 17:29:23 MST 2007

Einde O'Callaghan wrote:
> Please Louis, be honest with yourself. You don't threaten to censor
> people, you just threaten to unsub them - which amounts more or less to
> the same thing.

Excuse me? I never tell people what to say or not to say. I only ask
them to respect my instructions to end a thread. If Yoshie Furuhashi had
simply laid off Iran for a month or two, she'd still be here even though
I thought her politics were clearly much more Islamist than Marxist.

> Of course, you're quite within your rights to do so, you lay down the
> rules here because we're playing with your ball, so to speak - and
> Richard has just as much right to lay down the rules on his blog where
> we play with his ball.

Whatever. I don't think it makes much difference whether I post there or
not. It mostly consists of SWP'ers patting each other on the back. Who
needs that. And furthermore, I don't think that blogs are the best place
to have a debate. They are far too "vertical", with the blog owner on
top. Mailing lists are more horizontal. Plus, he moderates every message
before it appears. Pre-moderation really puts me off, even by somebody
who calls himself Lenin.