[Marxism] To Oppose Chávez, Youth In =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Caracas_Rally_Behind_S

Eli Stephens elishastephens at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 24 13:08:40 MST 2007

"They regretted the move, he says. Speaking about a coup attempt
against Mr. Chávez the year before, Mr. González pointed out that Mr.
Chávez had been reinstated by generals in the military -- not by a
popular protest of supporters as the audience seemed to think."

Bollocks. To read this sentence you'd think a "counter-coup" had happened, when
it was nothing of the sort. The military (I don't believe it's accurate to say
"generals," but I'll leave that aside) played a role in overthrowing the coup,
but without the masses, the attempt to reinstate Chavez to power would never
have even started, much less have been successful.