[Marxism] Rape: Just Another Prerogative of the State

Ghulam Mustafa Lakho gmlakho.advocate at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 14:02:16 MST 2007

Rape: Just Another Prerogative of the State

*by John M. Regan,
Jr.<http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig5/mailto:jregan3@rochester.rr.com>
by John M. Regan, Jr.*

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig5/regan-j3.html

In Saudi Arabia, a young woman is violently gang-raped by strangers. Her
rapists receive a light punishment, but she receives punishment as well.
When she and her lawyer complain about it, her punishment is increased and
the lawyer is disciplined for making such a fuss. The rape victim's
punishment has yet to be carried out. In the meantime, the whole episode is
an international
outrage.<http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/11/21/saudi.rape.reaction/index.html>

In the United States in the State of New York, a young woman is violently
raped at knifepoint by a stranger. Her rapist receives a light punishment
but she receives punishment as well. When she and her lawyer complain about
it, her punishment is increased and the lawyer is disciplined for making
such a fuss.

In the United States case, the rape victim is now in prison. Nobody seems to
be too worried about it, though, except her and her lawyer.

Don't believe me? It's all a matter of public record. The rape victim's name
is Sephora Davis. She was prosecuted in Livingston County, New York by
District Attorney Thomas E. Moran under indictment number 2004-276. Mr.
Moran explicitly stated in court papers that it didn't matter that Sephora
Davis was raped.

The courts of the United States agreed with Mr. Moran and put Sephora Davis
in prison, where she remains, at the Albion Correctional Facility. Her
inmate number is 07-G-0011.

Her lawyer is…….me.

Supposedly, the reason for the outrage over what occurred in Saudi Arabia is
that the regime there "oppresses women". Why is there no outrage over the
exact same thing happening in the supposedly much more enlightened People's
Republic of New York? Because in theory, we don't oppress women; we just
worship the state, and the state's power. We nurture it, feed it, justify
it, lie and cheat for it. We adore it and nothing else. So in that context,
oppressing women is okay.

You see, Sephora Davis' rapist was an agent of the state – a police
informant who, along with his police officer sponsor, falsely implicated her
in his own crime – an armed robbery he and two accomplices committed shortly
after the rape. By that time Sephora had been drugged and was passed out in
the car. That has also never been disputed and is also a matter of public
record.

>From there, this is how it works in New York. The police informant gets
backed up by the police, naturally. Then the District Attorney backs up the
police. Then the court backs up the District Attorney. Then the appellate
courts back up the lower court. Yes, this is how political power works.

But sometimes it gets embarrassing. I mean, look what has happened in Saudi
Arabia.

Of course, Saudi Arabia is an ignorant and backward country. In their courts
they publicly acknowledge that the young woman before them was raped and
carry out their judicial atrocity in the light of day. What a bunch of
rubes.

We in New York are much more sophisticated, so here our judges write court
opinions<http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:Uw3jtS3skukJ:courts.state.ny.us/ad4/court/Decisions/2006/12-22-06/PDF/1437.pdf+sephora+k.+davis+kohout+pine+hurlbutt&hl=er>pretending
that no one ever said anything about Sephora Davis being raped,
then we put her in prison where she gets her number. And now we can forget
about it, because she is a "criminal", and who cares about them?

You'd think the "media", the venerable "fourth estate", would be all over
this. Think again. The local newspaper barely mentioned the little rape
problem – although that is at least more than the courts would do. And in a
remarkable inversion of their usual journalistic policy they refused to name
the rapist even though they named his victim. I think it's because a rape
isn't a rape unless and until the government says so through some authorized
"official".

Go to Hillary Clinton, you say? The front-running presidential candidate and
junior United States Senator from New York? The feminist ideologue, natural
champion of rape victims? Sephora's mother did, but….not a chance. Hillary
will spout off about the woman in Saudi Arabia, but the task of siding with
a lone constituent against the state's entire legal power structure is
politically problematic, even if that constituent is a rape victim. Besides,
the Saudis are such an easy target – and so conveniently far away, too.

Hillary understands how political power works. On to the presidency, I
guess.

But surely there are appeals and whatnot? Oh, sure – well, sort of. There
are endless pleas you can make – all equally meaningless, devoid of
substance and futile. In practical terms, it is fair to say that criminal
convictions in New York are easy to get and never overturned – at least not
for people who are actually innocent. The "system" is broken underneath a
hollow façade. How do you think something like this can happen in the first
place?

Don't take my word for it, though. It has been scientifically
established<http://innocenceproject.org/docs/NY_innocence_report.pdf>.

On that subject, while I certainly admire the Innocence Project and their
work very much, I have to respectfully disagree with their conclusion that
the legislature can do something about the broken system. The problems run
far deeper than misinterpreting evidence or misapplying the law. It's more
like there's no genuine concept of "evidence" or "law" at all. In most
cases, making "arguments" before a judge in New York is like trying to
reason with a barbarian, a simple creature that can understand only force:
as a general rule, don't bother. And you cannot cure barbarism by passing
new laws – barbarians can't really read them.

Fortunately, New York is emptying out of civilized human beings. The young,
especially, are leaving in
droves<http://www.ny.gov/governor/press/0522071.html>.
Those few that remain are increasingly fodder for a ludicrously overbuilt
and fundamentally parasitic prison
system<http://www.soros.org/initiatives/justice/articles_publications/publications/bigprisons_20030201/bigprisons.pdf>,
overfed by petty tyrant prosecutors like Mr. Moran. Of course, the civilized
world understands that dysfunctional justice systems go hand-in-hand with
the economic decline<http://www.transparency.org/publications/publications/gcr_2007>so
painfully evident in the region. But an economy is not grounded in
force,
so this simple connection is beyond the comprehension of New York in the
early 21st century.

We speak only the language of power. And in that language, prosecutors and
judges are "public servants" and their victims have prison inmate numbers.

Feminists have long argued that rape is about power, not sex. I used to
think that was bullshit.

*November 24, 2007*

*John M. Regan, Jr. [send him
mail<http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig5/mailto:jregan3@rochester.rr.com>]
is a sometime attorney precariously living in **Rochester**, **New York**.
He has filed a petition on behalf of Sephora Davis with the Inter-American
Commission on Human Rights in Washington, D.C.*

Copyright (c) 2007 LewRockwell.com