[Marxism] FWD: Mahashweta Devi, Arundhati Roy, Sumit Sarkar, et al.,

dbachmozart dbachmozart at aol.com
Tue Nov 27 05:23:47 MST 2007

dbachmozart at aol.com sent you this article, saying:Opposition to Chomsky, Zinn, et al. on Nandigram

** "MRZine.org" - 1 new article - http://www.monthlyreview.org/mrzine/MR.xml

* Mahashweta Devi, Arundhati Roy, Sumit Sarkar, et al., - http://mrzine.monthlyreview.org/nandigram261107.html

We read with growing dismay the statement signed by Noam Chomsky, Howard Zinn and others advising those opposing the CPI(M)'s pro-capitalist policies in West Bengal not to "split the Left" in the face of American imperialism. We believe that for some of the signatories, their distance from events in India has resulted in their falling prey to a CPI(M) public relations coup and that they may have signed the statement without fully realising the import of it and what it means here in India, not just in Bengal.