[Marxism] Hans Blix on the new arms race

Paula Paula_cerni at msn.com
Fri Nov 30 15:45:10 MST 2007

I heard this talk by Blix on the radio yesterday and found it interesting. Not that I agree with all of it - the danger, it seems to me, is not a new cold war, but hot wars, which are already happening and could escalate much further.

http://www.kuow.org/defaultProgram.asp?ID=13884

One of the things Blix mentions is that China is planning to build a naval base in Burma. This is apparently part of China's 'string of pearls' strategy (a Pentagon term), as described in this excerpt from Brahma Chellaney's new book, Asian Juggernaut: The rise of China, India and Japan.

http://www.dailypioneer.com/displayit1.asp?pathit=/archives2/oct1606/edits/edit3.txt

Paula