[Marxism] Rolf Martens has passed away, Sweden

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Sun May 4 14:02:54 MDT 2008

On Sun, 4 May 2008 13:43:08 -0600 "Hunter Gray"
<hunterbadbear at hunterbear.org> writes:
> This is very sad news, Tore.  We met Rolf through our Marxist
> discussion group.  He was on it at least twice in the last several
> years.  Rolf was a gentle human being -- thoroughly dedicated and
> committed to his ideals.  He was a challenging person who maintained
> great courtesy in discussional frameworks not always noted for that
> quality.
>
> He will be greatly missed.
>
> Our deepest condolences to your family.
>
> Our very best wishes to you all,
>
> Hunter Gray [Moderator of Marxist List]

As Martens noted on his bio page at:
http://www.rolf-martens.com/rm_background.html
he was the Swedish chess champion of 1967.
Also see:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_Chess_Championship
http://hem.passagen.se/tjmisha/newdefences.html
http://www.365chess.com/players/Rolf_Martens
http://www.thechessdrum.net/newsbriefs/2002/NB_ChessWar.html

Being a complete ignoramus concerning the game, I'll
leave it to others to determine what his contributions
were to the game.