[Marxism] Left Party Parliamentarian For War in Burma

Néstor Gorojovsky nmgoro at gmail.com
Wed May 14 20:56:11 MDT 2008

2008/5/14, Patrick Bond <pbond at mail.ngo.za>:
> Néstor Gorojovsky wrote:
>  >> On Wed, 14 May 2008 12:35:07 -0300, NÃ(c)stor Gorojovsky wrote:
>  >>
>  >>  > A fraction of second before I finished reding this, I was suspending
>  >>  > my opinion on events in Burma, the characteristics of its ruling
>  >>  > military, etc.
>  >>  >
>  >>  > Now, I am FOR that government unless someone can explain me why not.
>  >>
>  >

> > The country is not an abstraction. If we oppose forced intervention,
>  > we are opposing any intervention that tries to overthrow the current
>  > regime from outside the borders of the said country.
>  >

> With that same principle, would you have opposed, then, Nelson Mandela's
>  exiled African National Congress, which tried from 1963-90 to overthrow
>  the apartheid regime from outside the borders of South Africa?
>  Apparently so.

Dear Patrick, it is a long time already since we had some wine and
steak in Buenos Aires, so that I cannot adscribe to what remains of
that wonderful lunch this equation of imperialist attack on a Third
World country with the attempt by popular leaders in exile to
overthrow a pro-imperialist regime in such country. Could you  please
expand, Patrick?

>  Do you have any kind of curiosity, dear amigo, about the desire of the
>  Burmese people for liberation?

I have all curiosities that can exist. But if and when a desire is
expressed in a Third World country for imperialist intervention, any
Leninist should understand that while it might have "popular" roots,
it is by no means "popular" in its consequences.

>  Have you lost any sense of solidarity and humanity? This is not the
>  Nestor I had such a nice time with over lunch in 2005 in B.A. Someone
>  has hijacked your identity, companero.

No, dear Patrick, nobody has. I am the self and same guy, and if we
had another opportunity to meet you would be glad to recognize this
truth. BTW: if at Durban, it would be delightful. What has changed,
perhaps, is the aggressivity of global imperialist nations and their
desire to intervene the semicolonial world over under no matter what
pretext. Maybe this is what sets me in a somber and, er, taxative mood
on these issues.

Sincerely wishing you the best, and hoping against all hope that you
can feel my own sense of urgency at the situation, yours, as always,
Néstor.

BTW and PS: if you ever return to Buenos Aires I will take you to more
popular, better (and, oh glory) cheaper places to lunch than that spot
at the cozy corner of  Cabello and Salguero in the high class Palermo
neighborhood you could know when you came here.

--

Néstor Gorojovsky
El texto principal de este correo puede no ser de mi autoría