[Marxism] Cuba and early onset Alzheimers'?

Walter Lippmann walterlx at earthlink.net
Thu May 22 15:42:02 MDT 2008

You mentioned their names, but you did not cite a single
word of theirs to document your ascriptions to them of
something to worry about. My job isn't to look for and
cite those quotes which prove YOUR points. That's YOUR
job. I won't do it for you. You're a college professor,
after all, even if a retired one. I'm not inclined to
provide you with the documentation which you want.

As to why some people don't talk about worker democracy,
don't ask me, ask THEM. I'm not a mind-reader, I'm an
editor and an activist. Cuba has many problems and also
needs more discussion and debate. I've noticed this is
going on now in Cuba, and I think it's a good thing.
You don't think it's enough. OK, it's not enough,

But I'm not Cuban and I don't speak for them. I try to
understand that they say and do, to the best of my
ability. But it's not my mission or responsibility to
speak for them in any manner. That's THEIR job.

I know Fernando Martinez. You didn't cite one single
word of his remarks. How could you expect me to know
what was on your mind, Mike? Mind reading isn't part
of my job description.

Celia Hart, whose only book in English I edited, has
my e-mail address, and when she wishes to communicate
with me she does. She's not to say what's on her mind.

People who write about Cuba really have to keep in mind
Marti's famous last letter to Manuel Mercado, which is
his political testament. Incapsulated in that letter is
basically the essence of the political strategy of the
Cuban Revolution. It's something to study and assimilate:
http://www.walterlippmann.com/marti-mercado-1898.html

Walter Lippmann
Los Angeles, California
MIKE LEBOWITZ writes:
Gee, Walter, I'd swear I cited Omar Everleny and Pedro Monreal today
and said, hey, the dog didn't bark! I.e.,

How come these folks don't talk about worker democracy, etc? Not on
their screen? Why? I'd also swear I cited Fernando Martinez's speech
at the recent UNEAC meeting as an example of someone who was worried.
One of us is suffering from short-term memory loss. My references?
Hey, Walter sent these out himself!

I don't think Walter would have a hard time finding people in Cuba
who are 'worry-warts'; eg., he could communicate with his friend
Celia Hart.

     "Cuba - Un Paraíso bajo el bloqueo"