[Marxism] RSP perspectives in Australia: some personal comments

gary.maclennan at gmail.com gary.maclennan at gmail.com
Thu May 29 04:27:50 MDT 2008

I wish Max and his comrades well. My own attitude, having been through a
very destructive split in ISO in 1981 is that splitting is to be avoided
above all. I almost took the liberty of writing to John Percy to tell him
that whatever he dd, he should not split or be part of provoking a split or
an expuslion. ( I am struggling to put this in a non-provocative way).

But basically I feel that the weakening of the DSP (and that is inevitable
following this split) is a blow to the Left in Australia and truly we were
already in a parlous position.

Having said that I am really of Lou's persuasion when it comes to
"party-building".  I think that is a goal which has very little to show for
all the hours of personal sacrifice and misery.

regards

Gary