[Marxism] Moderator's note

Manuel Barrera mtomas3 at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 6 08:34:54 MDT 2011

Erik "Authoritatively" Spouts: "Not according to two dictionaries that I have consulted. "guey" is considered a *mexicanismo*. . ."

And yet two or more other dictionaries . . .ad nauseum
How 'bout you just let us "Mexicans" tell you how we've experienced the use of such terms; lived the language, and actually reflected upon it? The "dictionaries" will also tell you how it is used as an endearment for "dude". I challenge you to call a Chicano a "buey"/"guey"/"Wey" and see whether he/she shouts back "whassup"?
Tell you what, I won't try to interpret what is meant by "OMG" if you'll lay off trying to be more Mexican than the Mexicans.