[Marxism] To your tents, O Israel! (was Re: Uri Avnery on the so-called "yuppie" people's revolt in Israel)

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Sat Aug 6 09:24:42 MDT 2011

On Sep 6, 2011, at 10:42 AM, Fred Feldman wrote:

> Who Are These People? Where Will They Go From Here?
> "How Godly Are Thy Tents?"
> By URI AVNERY

Jeroboam and all the people came to Rehoboam the third day...and the
king answered the people harshly,saying "My father made your yoke
heavy, but I will add to your yoke"...And when all Israel saw that the
king did not harken to them, the people answered the king,
		"What portion have we in David?
		 We have no inheritance in the son of Jesse.
		 To your tents, O Israel!"
							(I Kings 12, 14-16)

> FIRST OF all, a warning.
>
> Tent cities are springing up all over Israel. A social protest
> movement is gathering momentum. At some point in the near future, it
> may endanger the right-wing government.
>
> At that point, there will be a temptation – perhaps an irresistible
> temptation – to “warm up the borders”. To start a nice little war.
> Call on the youth of Israel, the same young people now manning (and
> womanning) the tents, to go and defend the fatherland...

Shane Mage

"scientific discovery is basically recognition of obvious realities
that self-interest or ideology have kept everybody from paying
attention to"