[Marxism] Number One Problem Economy in Europe

Angelus Novus fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 9 08:00:07 MDT 2011

"Slothful school holidays are upon us, but it's never too late for a geography test. So let me begin: which country has the fastest-growing inequality and poverty of any developed economy, according to the heavyweight OECD thinktank?

"Let me guess – you're thinking Broken Britain, or post-Dubya America. Wrong: it's in the euro. And – one final clue – workers here are paid some of the lowest wages in western Europe.

Ah: Greece, Portugal or another of those eurozone basket cases in dire straits? Nope. Try: Germany."

Full article: http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/aug/08/number-one-problem-economy-europe