[Marxism] Random notes on television comedy

Sean Andrews cultstud76 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 23:10:57 MDT 2011

I just think it's funny that all of you have seen the episode.  I
don't have cable, but I happened to watch it and have heard several
people who wouldn't normally talk about TV say something about the
episode.

Whether it is funny or not, it seems to have tapped into something.
And, in a sense, that's what the show is about: tapping into a
cultural commonplace that hasn't exactly been described as such.  And,
for a US sitcom, it's better than others at doing that--though I agree
Louie is awesome.