[Marxism] Franklin Lamb : "Waiting for the endgame in Libya"

Andrew Pollack acpollack2 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 06:55:33 MDT 2011

re Dayne and Fred's points: BOTH (imperialist war and the Arab
uprising) are key to the situation. That's why I'm having such a hard
time explaining it to some of my radical Arab friends.
The mass uprising for freedom in the former workers' states had the
same dual character.
And yes, Louis, the US *IS" in Libya. See angryarab.blogspot.com on
State Department's Feltman meeting with rebels.
But even if no US diplomat or military officer ever stepped foot in
Libya, the US is POLITICALLY the brains behind this war, because
POLITICALLY they want to derail and subvert the Arab Revolution.
I am NOT joining those who think oil contracts are the key.
Libya could have nothing but sand and the US would still have
intervened. Imagine now the heyday their "development experts" are
having in Cairo telling self-seeking petty bourgeois types how the
West is the answer. And how the CIA agents' work in Syria is now made
100 times easier.
Which makes our work in supporting Egyptian unions and leftists as a
political alternative for the region as a whole more important than
ever.