[Marxism] Syria

Mark Lause markalause at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 09:05:21 MDT 2011

Eli's reduction of Libya and Syria to essentially the same textbook
"analysis" boggles the mind.  I find it amazing that people are so compelled
to hallucinate idealized societies and superimpose them in a blanket fashion
regardless of the realities.  It's just the flip side of a bourgeois social
science with its models and rigid formulas.

What we should learn from this is that what Trotskyists and anarchists have
regularly called "Stalinism" comes from a much broader impulse within the
movement.

ML