[Marxism] Syria

Eli Stephens elishastephens at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 23 14:22:15 MDT 2011

Mark: Eli's reduction of Libya and Syria to essentially the same textbook
"analysis" boggles the mind.

Huh? My "reduction" consisted of noting that now that the Libyan regime has
been overthrown, the U.S. and NATO will be turning their sights to Syria and
then Iran, hoping to repeat their success. Not that that "analysis" of mine
requires any particular insight. And indeed, I was just listening to William
Cohen on TV beating those very same drums.

And I also predict, again requiring very little in terms of prognoscitory
capability, that many leftists will be beating those same war drums, all the
while proclaiming their opposition to U.S./NATO intervention while doing
their best to support the justifications that the U.S. and NATO will be
using to convince the American and European people that first sanctions, and
then military intervention, are absolutely necessary.

Eli Stephens
 Left I on the News
 http://lefti.blogspot.com