[Marxism] US "Militant" greets NATO-backed rebel victory in Libya

Paddy Apling e.c.apling at btinternet.com
Sun Aug 28 04:40:42 MDT 2011

OH so many thanks for that contribution Lou.  I feel like saying "flattery
will get you nowhere"; but I DO think comrades SHOULD read Binh's
contribution several times and THINK for yourselves, and perhaps follow up
with re-reading Karl's contributions to discussion of 1848, and not least,
of course, the Communist Manifesto.

We are in EXCITING times: for the Arab world it IS their 1848; for us we are
pawns in the global crisis of capitalism, in a situation which even Lenin
had never seen the like.   Our understanding of how to apply Marxist
dialectics has never been so tried before.

And do not forget that when the Communist Manifesto talks of "the party",
Marx and Engels were not thinking of the CPSU(b), the CPGB, the CPI, or the
CPUSA - but of all the working class (and I think, at that time of the first
beginnings of industrial capitalism, they were thinking of the whole of the
"common people" - Burke's "mob" or "great unwashed".  We HAVE to create this
unity once again.

At 20 I was a young tank officer in the British Army looking forward to
fighting to end fascism; now I can only watch - and hope that this century's
20 yr-olds will have better success.

Paddy
http://apling.freeservers.com