[Marxism] Hurricane report

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sun Aug 28 07:15:16 MDT 2011

Weird.

The hurricane is supposedly landing down in NYC now but as I look
outside the rain has stopped and there is no wind. The tv reporters
claim 65 mph winds but not even the leaves are rustling on the trees
beneath my window.

Lots of rain, however. My big concern--obviously from a selfish
standpoint--is whether the East River, which is now breaching into lower
Manhattan, will spill into electrical generators, etc. beneath the
street which will force Con Ed to cut off power.

God forbid that I lose electrical power. You know what Lenin said:
“Communism is Soviet power plus the electrification of the whole country.”