[Marxism] Gilbert Achcar interview

Greg McDonald gregmc59 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 07:54:38 MDT 2011

 Simply by stressing the higher number Achcar demonstrates his bias.
Of course, his essay is somewhat dependent on these figures being in
the higher range, no?  But if he had quoted the entire range of
numbers being put out there, it would have been obvious that no one
really knows how many people died, thus weakening his argument.

And as Lenin's Tomb has just demonstrated, the 10,000 figure, a nice
round number, was seemingly picked out of the air. One certainly
expects more rigor from such an accomplished scholar as Achcar.

Greg