[Marxism] Repeatedly misquoting Achcar :-(

Lenin's Tomb leninstombblog at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 28 09:15:59 MDT 2011

On 28/08/2011 15:52, Jeff wrote:
> At 15:43 28/08/11 +0100, Lenin's Tomb wrote:
>> I'm afraid the silliness is entirely on your side.  I did not allege
>> that Achcar had written the article, as you
> No you didn't, you conveniently placed those unattributed quotations in a
> discussion about what Achcar had claimed, didn't address the fact that he
> had NOT made such claims, and allowed the reader to draw the incorrect
> conclusion NOT about the number of deaths but about the credibility of a
> fellow leftist. Disgusting.

You are behaving absurdly, and I don't think Achcar would thank you for
your style of advocacy.  I shall explain this one more time, for
absolute clarity.

1) Greg sought the source of Achcar's 10k figure from the NLP editors.
He was provided with a wikipedia entry.

2) That wikipedia entry sourced an IRIB article attributing it to the
ICC, as noted in Greg's message which I quoted and responded to.

3) In order to demonstrate the quality of this source, I quoted the IRIB
article and provided the link so that others could check it.  I also
provided further context on the same claim from another news article,
again providing the link.

4) In so doing, I demonstrated that the figure cited by Achcar - and, as
you yourself inadvertently pointed out, attributed by him to the ICC -
was both misattributed and implausible.

I doubt that, if pressed, Achcar would defend his claim.  I am certain
that he would not descend to the sort of graceless and obtuse hysterics
that you just have.