[Marxism] Russia Today and Libya's Gold for Oil

Tristan Sloughter tristan.sloughter at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 14:51:22 MDT 2011

>From what I can tell only Russia Today -- and maybe fringe nuts like Alex
Jones -- were running with the supposed reason of the NATO intervention
being Gaddafi's plan to demand gold for oil.

Does anyone know what the timeline RT and others are going with for this? I
was curious if it overlapped with the leaked cables wikileaks has. And if it
did, there was plenty in there about Libya, was this mentioned?

And what is RT's motivation to focus on such a claim for NATO's
intervention?

Is it simply Russia's desire to make it look like US imperialists attacking
a country for oil and wealth?

Lots of questions, but I know this is the best place I have to get analysis
on a media source like RT and the geo-political reasons for its propaganda.

Tristan