[Marxism] What a bunch of ingrates

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 11:45:22 MDT 2012

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 3:37 AM, Louis Proyect <lnp3 at panix.com> wrote:

It is believed the protest was held over a US-produced film that is said to
> be insulting to the Prophet Muhammad.

Sloppy, irresponsible hearsay disguised as journalism. "It is believed ..."
"It has been reported ..." Who believes, who has reported, and based on
what?

Make a list of the media reporting this way. There might be something that
hasn't yet been publicized and will prove me wrong, but I predict they'll
look pretty stupid within 24 hours.

US officials have already claimed that the attack had been planned in
advance:

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/09/12/u-s-ambassador-to-libya-3-others-killed-in-rocket-attack-witness-says

Oh, and as long as I'm talking about the uselessness of Western reporters,
there's probably no such person as "Sam Bacile":

http://www.religiondispatches.org/dispatches/sarahposner/6377/who_is_%22sam_bacile%22

--
lytlað."