[Marxism] Muhammad film: Israeli director goes into hiding after protests,

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Wed Sep 12 15:30:37 MDT 2012

On Sep 12, 2012, at 4:55 PM, Joseph Catron wrote:

> I posted the following here in response to similar statements by Dan
> nine
> days ago, but never got a reply, so here it is again:
>
> I'm at risk of getting myself into trouble here, because:
>
> 1. There are a couple of different minefields through which to wade;
> 2. The ancient world as a whole lacked anything corresponding to our
> understanding of rape, so any attempt to read its texts through that
> frame
> will quickly run into problems; and
> 3. I'm appallingly ignorant of the hadiths.

That's fine for people like us.  The fact remains that any
relativization of the sacred texts is *haram* to any of the "Orthodox"
strains of Islam however "moderate."  That's what orthodoxy, for any
variety of monotheism, is all about (of course, for every monotheist
sect the "literal" understanding held by any of the "heretical" others
is equally *treif*).

Shane Mage

"L'après-vie, c'est une auberge espagnole. L'on n'y trouve que ce
qu'on a apporté."

Bardo Thodol