[Marxism] [UCE] Fwd: A “New Dawn” for Fascism: the Rise of the Anti-Establishment Capitalists

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed Aug 23 08:05:17 MDT 2017

I got to know Michael Barker, the author of this article, when we were
both focused on exposing "humanitarian interventions" in Yugoslavia. At
the time, much of what I wrote dovetailed with the sort of article found
on DissidentVoice, Information Clearing House, et al.

I veered sharply from this outlook after Putin invaded Chechnya and lost
track of Michael Barker, who I had a great deal of respect and even
affection for at the time. After earning a PhD, he decided to turn his
back on academia since he saw it as a corrupt arm of the capitalist
system despite liberal pretensions.

Out of the blue, he has written an article that is both politically
powerful and deeply researched. This is one of the most important
articles you will read in CounterPunch in this or any other year.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2017/08/23/a-new-dawn-for-fascism-the-rise-of-the-anti-establishment-capitalists/