[EvoPsycLab] summary of previous EvoPsych meeting and future plans

BRUCE J. ELLIS bruce.ellis at psych.utah.edu
Tue Jun 25 13:27:54 MDT 2019

Hi Lisa et al.,
Lisa, many thanks for putting together that detailed summary of our meeting and plans!  Greatly appreciated.  I would be interested in participating in the Add Health working group.  I am back in the office on July 8 and will be in town for the rest of the summer.
I like the idea of alternating "between discussion of specific projects/papers (like the Add Health paper) and some deeper conceptual discussions that could potentially provide the foundation for future group projects."  In discussing about specific projects/papers, I think that it is important that people have an opportunity to talk about whatever projects/papers they are working on for which they would like feedback (not just the Add Health project).
A topic that would be of interest to me (which I could potentially lead) would be how to measure early environmental harshness and unpredictability.  I now have data from about 300 middle school students where we attempted to measure various aspects of early adversity and validate these measures against objective indicators.  I could share some of those results (and challenges) as well, maybe in the Fall.
Best,
Bruce