[Fcs-faculty] [Fwd: guest speaker]

Cheryl Wright Cheryl.Wright at fcs.utah.edu
Tue Oct 25 07:16:48 MDT 2005

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	guest speaker
Date: 	Mon, 24 Oct 2005 16:28:13 -0600
From: 	Ann House <ann at annhouse.org>
To: 	Cheryl Wright <Cheryl.Wright at fcs.utah.edu>

Dear all,

I am writing to let you know that I am having two guest speakers in my
3600 class, and that you are welcome to come and to invite your
students. The room is large and can accommodate many visitors. I teach
Tuesday evenings in AEB 320.

Tomorrow, Oct 25, D J Baxter will speak. He is project manager and
senior adviser to Mayor Rocky Anderson. He will speak on city and
community issues, such as zoning, transportation, housing, and land use.
He is coming at 7:15 pm and will speak an hour or so.

On November 15, Tony Weller, owner of Sam Weller's Book Store will come.
He is addressing the topic of local shops verses chain shopping and what
it means to consumers and to cities, such as spending and keeping our
money local, and the social implications of shopping on Main St vs. Wall
Mart (for example). He will speak also at 7:15 pm for an hour or so.

Both are addressing questions from the audience. Please spread the word!

Thanks,  Ann House

!DSPAM:435d60615091272931616!

--
Cheryl Wright, Ph.D