[Fcs-faculty] Thank you!

Sandra Earl sandra.earl at fcs.utah.edu
Mon Sep 11 10:36:20 MDT 2006

I had  the privilege on Friday afternoon to be honored as one of the
Academic Affairs District nominees for the Presidential Staff Award.  It
has been an amazing experience knowing about the nomination all summer
and anticipating that special day.  Many of you wrote letters in support
of this nomination, which took time and thought.  Writing a letter like
this is something that is hard for me to do, so I look at it as a
sacrifice on your part.  Cheryl gave me copies of the second round of
letters (that explains why my sun hats aren't fitting so well this
summer).  Thank you all for your kind words.  I know there are many,
many staff members who deserve this award as much or more than me, but
they don't have the support of a wonderful department like I do.  It is
all of you who have made this possible for me.  The suspense continues
until September 21 when the six Presidential Staff Awards recipients
will be announced at a special luncheon with President Young.  I am so
lucky to be here and to be affiliated with all of your.  Thank you so much!
Sandra