[Fcs-faculty] FW: [UofU] Call for Proposals: Interdisciplinary Research Grants
Cheryl.Wright at fcs.utah.edu
Fri Sep 10 08:11:13 MDT 2010
From: LeRoy N. Eide [mailto:sender+b654ea8af0628717c9e5d66513eb5b92527ba0f9 at bounce.utah.edu] On Behalf Of Robert Newman, AVP for Interdisciplinary Studies
Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2010 3:14 PM
To: Cheryl Wright
Subject: [UofU] Call for Proposals: Interdisciplinary Research Grants
To: All University of Utah Faculty
From: Robert Newman, AVP for Interdisciplinary Studies
Subject: Call for Proposals: Interdisciplinary Research Grants
INTERDISCIPLINARY RESEARCH GRANTS
2010-11 REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
The purpose of the Interdisciplinary Research Grant Program, supported
by The Office of the Vice President for Research and the Office of
Interdisciplinary Studies, is to foster new interdisciplinary research
collaborations. The goal of this program is to enhance external funding
and to inspire collaborative research efforts between colleges. These
grants will support interdisciplinary research for collaborative teams
(involving at least two colleges) that will result in a proposal for
significant external funding.
- Submission Deadline: November 5, 2010 by 5:00 p.m.
- Faculty at .5 FTE or above are eligible to apply.
- The funding period for projects is January 1, 2011 - December 31, 2011.
- Research must involve at least two PI's from two different colleges.
- Proposals must be for new interdisciplinary research wherein teams will
be enabled to secure preliminary data, proof-of-concept or simulation
- There must be a clear plan for future external funding, including proposed
agencies and programs, and the proposal must clearly demonstrate how the
internal funding would significantly enhance the probability of securing a
large external award.
- A final report, including the final proposal and place(s) of external
submission is due July 15, 2012.
Application Process Grant Submission Deadline: November 5, 2010 by 5:00 p.m.
- Award announcements will be made by December 15, 2010.
- Funding for this program will be released January 10, 2011.
Download Application Instructions and Cover Form:
Site: Office of Interdisciplinary Studies
Applications must be submitted in PDF format to IDRGrant at unite.utah.edu.
The file name of the application should include the last name of one
applicant. For assistance please contact Jane Denton at 581-8816 or
jane.denton at utah.edu.
- Awards will be between $7,500 and $12,000.
- Funds cannot be used for PI salary or course buy-out.
- No indirect costs. Funding will be awarded January 2011.
Distribution of this message was approved by David W. Pershing,
Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs, University of Utah
Phone (801) 581-5057, 201 S. Presidents Circle, Room 205,
Salt Lake City, UT 84112
More information about the Fcs-faculty