[Fcs-faculty] FW: Community Engaged Learning Designation Deadline

Marissa Lynn Diener Marissa.Diener at fcs.utah.edu
Thu Oct 10 11:58:40 MDT 2013

FCS faculty - See a message from the Bennion Center below.  If you have a community-engagement component
to your class, and it doesn't have the CEL (formerly Service Learning) designation, please consider applying for the
designation.  I know it is just a drop in the bucket, but we get 1.5 SCH for each CEL course.  And these courses appear
on the course schedule and show that our courses have a community engaged component, which is important for
our department and demonstrating our unique niche (I think).  Deadline upon us, but it is not too painful to submit.
-Marissa