[Fcs-faculty] FW: "Integrative Health Educational Series" U of U - SHIM - IHN

Sandy M Stark sandy.stark at fcs.utah.edu
Tue Sep 3 08:22:03 MDT 2013

I've attached a flyer regarding a presentation later this week that I thought some of the faculty and grad. students might be interested in.

There is no cost to this presentation.

Thanks. Laura

Laura Gaynard, PhD, CCLS
Adjunct Associate Professor
Family & Consumer Studies Department
University of Utah, Salt Lake City
801.581.6521
lgaynard at earthlink.net<mailto:lgaynard at earthlink.net>

"If you want to go fast...go alone. If you want to go far...go together." - African Proverb

[http://staticapp.icpsc.com/icp/loadimage.php/mogile/1372586/c7969ec17d8d5e70930ba34598d8eab1/image/jpeg]
[http://staticapp.icpsc.com/icp/loadimage.php/mogile/1372586/2ffd52d4cb74503fa0f3c8878f77cbd1/image/jpeg]     Integrative Health Network

The SHIM Institute Integrative Health
Monthly Educational Series

In Conjunction with the
U of U College of Health Promotion and Education and the Integrative Health Network

Thursday, September 5th at 7:00 PM

St. Mark's Hospital - Women's Pavilion - Room #403
1200 E. 3900 S.  Salt Lake City, Utah
(Women's Pavilion is at the west end of the hospital - Watch for Pink Signs)

"Timely and Timeless Healing"
Presented by:   Jerry W. Sonkens, M.D.

Dr. Jerry Sonkens is the founder and Chairman of the Board of the SHIM Institute. Through his work in Otolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery he witnessed the importance of incorporating spirituality into the healing of his patients. He understands that healing is much more than a physical diagnosis and treatment, it is about honoring the patient's very presence, their being, their connection with another person. Dr. Sonkens' relationship with George Washington University Medical School and Dr. Christina Puchalski, founder of GWish (George Washington Institute for Spirituality and Health) inspired him to establish the Institute for Spirituality and Healing in Medicine (The SHIM Institute) in 2002. His passion and dedication for educating healthcare providers to the connection of spirituality and health led Dr. Sonkens to facilitate bringing "Spirituality and Healing in Medicine: Pracitical Usage in Contemporary Healthcare" an educational conference sponsored by Harvard Medical School to Salt Lake City in 2002.  This conference was attended by 500 healthcare professionals from across the country.
Dr. Sonkens received his Doctor of Medicine Degree from George Washington University Medical School and completed his residency at John Hopkins University Hospital.  He is retired from his 35 year private practice in Otolaryngology, Facial Plastics and Head and Neck Surgery in Salt Lake City.

For more information contact:  Wendy Anderson   801-571-2111    wendyfanderson at hotmail.com<mailto:wendyfanderson at hotmail.com>

[https://blu176.mail.live.com/Handlers/ImageProxy.mvc?bicild=&canary=XQoGh%2bzgjddEf9JKam%2fzmhMbuYudflrU9udGu0JtW9U%3d0&url=http%3a%2f%2fstaticapp.icpsc.com%2ficp%2floadimage.php%2fmogile%2f1372586%2ffe2b1e1066d66f572c28555cd6941d8a%2fimage%2fpng]

I am very pleased to announce that I have been chosen to be a presenter on the Evolving Conscious Health Community Cruise November 2 - 9, 2013.
This is a great honor, and I invite you to join me. It promises to be a fun and educational vacation for all involved!
http://myholisticcruise.com<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=13292263&msgid=59531&act=WCCO&c=1372586&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fmyholisticcruise.com>

Please check it out and join us if it feels right for you. It'll be a wonderful way to explore and expand your world, both personally and professionally.

We'll sail from Miami, Florida to three beautiful Eastern Caribbean islands on the award-winning Norwegian Epic ship.

The SHIM Institute will receive a donation for every one of our friends and supporters who attends this amazing conference. So if you give this gift to yourself, you will also be supporting our efforts!

This wonderful vacation may be tax-deductible if your career or business is related to health & healing. And CEs are availableif you're a nurse or mental health care professional.

This promises to be an extraordinary voyage.
I truly hope you'll be there to enjoy it with me!

Sincerely,
Jerry Sonkens, M.D.

This message was sent to lgaynard at earthlink.net<mailto:lgaynard at earthlink.net> from:

Institute for Spirituality & Healing in Medicine | 2076 Pheasant Lane | Salt Lake City, UT 84121

Email Marketing by [iContact - Try It Free!] <http://www.icontact.com/a.pl/144186>