[Fcs-faculty] CSBS Student Ambassadors

Robert Nathan Mayer Robert.Mayer at fcs.utah.edu
Wed Sep 11 14:55:36 MDT 2013

In the link below, you will see our College's student ambassadors for the coming year.   You will notice that we are one of two departments in our college without any representation.  (The other one is Geography.)
http://csbs.utah.edu/students/ambassadors.php
Honestly, I don't know how important these ambassadors are.   They are supposed to help the college with student recruiting, engagement, philanthropy, and placement.  Still, I think it looks bad that we aren't represented.  When Bobbi sent out a request for nominees on August 29th, I was the only member of our tenure-track faculty to respond with some nomiees.  The others who responded were Bev and Laura.  Bobbi followed up on these leads, but none of them panned out.
I know that our students aren't always the most eager to be in engaged in department and university activities, but let's not make that a self-fulfilling prophecy.  As you meet students who seem eager to contribute to the university, please forward their names to me or one of our advisors.
Thanks,
Rob