[Fcs-faculty] The Big Picture

Robert Nathan Mayer Robert.Mayer at fcs.utah.edu
Thu Sep 12 18:07:16 MDT 2013

Attached is a document that Dean Berg recently shared with the department chairs.  The document is the first part of the University's strategic planning, a process stimulated by the hiring of a new academic vice president.  (Apparently, the attached plan was drawn up BEFORE VP Watkins arrived, but she will be in charge of implementing it.)  I think the document is relevant to us in two respects.  First, it may help us thinking about our own mission and vision.  Second, it hints at the priorities that will determine department funding if and when the SCH-model is modified.  --Rob