[Fcs-faculty] Message to Faculty from Bev

Robert Nathan Mayer Robert.Mayer at fcs.utah.edu
Mon Sep 16 14:27:29 MDT 2013

Dear Colleagues,
Below you will find a message from Beverly Brehl concerning her health and the need to take a medical leave of absence.  Bev's health condition is extremely serious, and she is viewing her decision to step away from university work as permanent.  Of course, we hope and pray that her assessment is wrong and she will be rejoining our ranks soon, but Bev will definitely not be teaching for the remainder of this academic year.  With respect to Bev's 3215 class this semester, Bev has arranged things so that her graduate teaching assistant, DeeDee Murphy, can step in and teach the rest of the class.

Bev wants you to feel free to ask her about her health when you see her between now and the end of the month, when her leave will likely to begin.  We send Bev are hopes for a successful medical intervention.

--Rob