[Fcs-faculty] FW: Reminder CSBS Research Mixer Information due Today, Please respond!!

Robert Nathan Mayer Robert.Mayer at fcs.utah.edu
Mon Sep 16 15:43:37 MDT 2013

Dear Colleagues

If you haven't done so already, please send Jude Mikal (Mikal at csbs.utah.edu<mailto:Mikal at csbs.utah.edu>) today an email to participate in the CSBS Researcher on October 2nd (please see details highlighted in yellow below).  Again, we are hoping for very high participation.  I already know of one department who is gearing up to win the free lunch.

Best, Cindy

Original email....

In the interest of promoting cross-departmental collaboration and potential research grants, Rick Forster and I would like to invite you to share your research interests and future research plans with your colleagues at the CSBS Research Mixer this October 2, 4:00-5:30 at the Jewish Community Center (2 N Medical Dr-just north of University Hospital),.  A social hour will follow the mixer (a complimentary drink ticket will be given to those who participate by presenting or attending).

In sub groups based on your research interests, participants will give a five minute presentation that will cover current research for which you are most excited as well as future research directions (1-3 powerpoints at most, including your name, department, some background about your research area/question, and one to two results that you find most exciting!).  Once each participant has presented, the subgroups will conclude with free time for faculty to chat and make connections with potential future collaborators.

If you would like to participate in the workshop, please send an email to Jude Mikal (mikal at csbs.utah.edu<mailto:mikal at csbs.utah.edu>) by September 16th.  The email should include your name, two sentences on your research interests/findings  and a list of 2 - 4 keywords that will be used to organize the subgroups.  We hope to have high participation (would love 100%) at this event.  The department with the highest percentage of their faculty in attendance will be awarded a free lunch for an upcoming faculty meeting.

We're looking forward to sharing ideas and getting to know you all better.

Best,  Cindy

Cynthia A. Berg
Interim Dean, College of Social and Behavioral Science
Professor of Psychology
260 S. Central Campus Drive
Orson Spencer Hall, Rm 205
University of Utah
Salt Lake City, UT 84112
801-581-8620; 801-585-5081 (FAX)
http://www.csbs.utah.edu/
[Description: news_icon2.gif]<http://www.csbs.utah.edu/newsletter.html> [Description: cid:image005.png at 01CC31A3.D4347660] <http://twitter.com/statuses/user_timeline/84378472.rss>  [Description: Facebook] <http://www.facebook.com/uofucsbs>  [Description: Twitter] <http://twitter.com/uofucsbs>  [Description: YouTube] <http://www.youtube.com/uofucsbs>