[Fcs-faculty] "Objectives" in strategic planning

Robert Nathan Mayer Robert.Mayer at fcs.utah.edu
Tue Sep 24 10:40:41 MDT 2013

At the end of our faculty meeting on Friday, several people felt that our planning would be more effective if we had a clearer sense of what problems, from the perspective of the University's administration, we are supposed to be addressing, besides the obvious financial ones.  Lori and I met with Dean Berg yesterday to confirm our (Lori's and my) understanding of these problems.  The attached document is a summary of these problems.  You, personally, may not view one or more of the five items as actual problems, but unless we want to try to convince the University's administration that their perceptions are incorrect, we need to address these perceived problems in our planning. --Rob