[Fcs-faculty] help with heaping helping of hiring

Lori Kowaleski-Jones lori.kowaleski-jones at fcs.utah.edu
Fri Jul 28 19:48:12 MDT 2017

Hi faculty,

We are also recruiting a new director for the CFDC.  I would like to close the application period mid next week so now is the time for doing any last minute networking of the ad-here is the link...I have asked Cheryl and Russ to help me with this search but welcome any insights and assistance.

http://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/66937

We are currently recruiting for the assistant professor position.    I have asked Cheryl, Ken, Dan and Barb to be on this committee.  Note that Cheryl is on two....give her a high five and your sincere thanks when you see her.  However, this search is on all of us for getting the word out.  I am assigning some homework for the retreat....please come prepared to show and tell about how you have promoted the ad for our assistant professor position.  Also, please know that I will be at the sociology meetings in Montreal in a couple of weeks.  I can meet with potential candidates who might be there.

Link to where the ad lives on peoplesoft for the assistant professor ad

http://employment.utah.edu/salt-lake-city-ut/assistant-professor/9370DA532A4A4699A1D33F77C8C93EED/job/
 link to a glossy ad with picture
http://fcs.utah.edu/_documents/cdsp-ad.pdf

And finally, I have gotten the green light to search for a visiting assistant professor for one year, with the possibility of an additional renewal in the area of family financial health.  I have asked Rob, jessie and Zhou to serve on this search committee.

So stay tuned for how you can help get the word out about that effort.  I welcome feedback on this new development.
Regarding the retreat, it is on august 16 which is a Wednesday.  I sent out an announcement some time ago so I am expecting that it is on your calendar.  If you are on sabbatical (Kevin and Sonia), then think of us fondly from a beach in Bali (or your home) but otherwise, be there or be square.  I am still working on the agenda but anticipate a start time of 9 or 10 (will nail that down over the weekend).  There will be lunch and Rob Mayer worthy sweets.  Cindy will visit the department at 2 so I will aim to be done after that..

Thanks, Lori

Lori Kowaleski-Jones

Professor and Chair, Department of Family and Consumer Studies
University of Utah
225 south, 1400 East
225 Alfred Emery Building
Salt Lake City Utah 84112-0080