[Fcs-faculty] Health Update

Robert Nathan Mayer Robert.Mayer at fcs.utah.edu
Fri Nov 3 11:29:47 MDT 2017

Thanks for the many expressions of concern and sympathy with respect to the injuries I incurred in my recent bicycle accident.  I have now received the results of an MRI.  The bad news is that I have more fractured bones than originally thought.  In particular, I have a non-displaced fracture of my acromion.  (It's the tip of the shoulder blade, for those of you, like me, who had never heard this word before.)  This explains the pain that I have been feeling in this area.   The GOOD news is that my rotator cuff is intact, which means that I will not need any surgery.  Everything should heal with time, and I should be able to regain full range of motion after physical therapy.  All in all, I am happy about the diagnosis and  look forward to moving less like Grandpappy Amos of the Real McCoys.  --Rob