[Fcs-grad] Holiday party encouragement

Marissa Lynn Diener Marissa.Diener at fcs.utah.edu
Mon Dec 13 12:18:19 MST 2010

Hi, students.  Please attend if you can make it work with your schedule - this is a good opportunity to chat
with faculty, follow up on those interviews in an informal setting, and celebrate finishing your first semester
of graduate school!  (It's an opportunity for that ever elusive but important "face time").
 I also want to give you a few tips about the Holiday party.  It is very informal.  There will be a white
elephant gift exchange - do NOT buy anything for this - look around for something you already have that might
be funny, re-gift something you don't want, etc.  Don't spend any money...  It will be fun!

Please note that I am sending this to your personal emails as well as to the FCS listserve.  However, most
of the emails Bobbi and I send go only to the FCS grad student listserve - thus, it is very important that
you figure out whether you are on that list (and if not, to let us know right away), how to check those messages,
and then actually to check your fcs email email regularly (or link your your fcs email to your personal email).
Please do this or you will be missing important information.

Hopefully I"ll see you on Wed.  If not, please have a restful, well-deserved break!
-Marissa

Marissa Diener, Ph. D.
Associate Professor
Director of Graduate Studies