[Fcs-grad] Upcoming Thesis Proposal Defenses

Marissa Lynn Diener Marissa.Diener at fcs.utah.edu
Mon Nov 14 10:02:13 MST 2011

Dear FCS Faculty and Graduate Students,
   I am pleased to announce that we have two upcoming thesis proposal defenses.
 Graduate students proposals and defenses provide an opportunity to hear about other research occurring
in the department as well as provide feedback at a critical stage in the research process.  Furthermore, it is a way to
acknowledge and support the hard work that the faculty and students have put into preparing their defense.  So please
plan to attend if you can.

We were not able to schedule Laura's proposal for an afternoon time because her third committee
member, who is in Occupational Therapy, teaches in the afternoon.  We thought the Wed. afternoon before Thanksgiving
might be deadly, so Katie's will be on the Tues. instead.

Here are the specifics:
1.  Laura Linnell - Proposal defense on Wed., November 16th at 10:00 AM in Rm. 220 AEB.

2.  Katie Newbold - Proposal dfense on Tuesday, November 22nd at 12:30PM in Rm. 220 AEB.

Abstracts are attached.
Thanks.
-Marissa

Marissa Diener, Ph. D.