[Fcs-grad] Race for the Cure 2012

Beverly Ann Brehl beverly.brehl at utah.edu
Thu Apr 5 16:39:10 MDT 2012

Hello Everyone -

The Salt Lake City Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure will be held Saturday May 12 in Library Square. This event raises awareness and funds to help fight breast cancer.

As many of you know, I was diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer in March 2011. Stage IV breast cancer is considered treatable, but not curable, and over 80% of women diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer die within 5 years of their diagnosis. Over the past year, I have undergone surgery, chemo, and radiation. Miraculously, and thanks to the love and support of many of the people receiving this email, I am currently cancer free. BUT THERE IS STILL NO CURE!

I hope that you will join me again this year to do what we can to fight this disease that has touched the lives of so many of us and the ones we love.

If you'd like to join our team, or to make a donation, please see our team's website<http://slc.info-komen.org/site/TR/RacefortheCure/SLC_SaltLakeCityAffiliate?team_id=209610&pg=team&fr_id=2479>. I promise we'll have great t-shirts and lots of fun again this year!
For more information about the Race for the Cure, see the SLC Susan G Komen Affiliate website<http://www.komenslc.org/komen-race-for-the-cure/race-information/>.

Best,
Beverly

Beverly A. Brehl, PhD
Associate Director
Center for Teaching & Learning Excellence (CTLE)
University of Utah
136 Sill Center
801-581-7597

[Description: cid:image002.jpg at 01CCE4EE.FF5965E0]<http://www.ctle.utah.edu/> [Description: cid:image003.jpg at 01CCE4EE.FF5965E0] <mailto:info at ctle.utah.edu>  [Description: cid:image004.jpg at 01CCE4EE.FF5965E0] <http://www.ctle.utah.edu/> [Description: cid:image005.jpg at 01CCE4EE.FF5965E0] <https://umarket.utah.edu/ctle/>

Assistant Professor (Lecturer)
Department of Family and Consumer Studies
University of Utah